Autostart a CD in MS Windows

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Mon May 16 11:59:23 EDT 2005

And just to add another small tidbit.  If your users will be running
this on Win98, you might want to place your standalone exe in some
folder on the CD rather than directly at the root level.  It's been
my experience in the past with Win98 that if you place your
standalone directly on the root of the CD it takes forever to launch
(whether you're using autorun or not).  Seems to work fine, however,
with Windows 2000 and above.

Anyway, just FYI.