Be Cautious About MySQL Licensing (was Re: Database suggestions?)

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon May 16 10:54:32 EDT 2005

On May 15, 2005, at 1:16 AM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> All in all, it's jsut a matter of picking the right
> database for the job at hand: if you need a quick
> embedded single-user database that does Mac + Win +
> Linux, then altSQLite is your best pick.
>
> If you like the object-relational features of
> Valentina and only need Mac + Win, then grab it --
> it's a great database and also comes in a server
> version.

One other thing to take into account between the two is encryption.
Valentina allows you to encrypt your data structure and/or your
data.  You can roll your own encryption for data in SQLite (though I
haven't tested speed) but I haven't come across anything that allows
you to encrypt the structure.  This is important for some projects.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com