Be Cautious About MySQL Licensing (was Re: Databasesuggestions?)

Lynn Fredricks lynn at paradigmasoft.com
Sun May 15 20:09:17 EDT 2005

> Not really, Ruslan. If I have an app that I'm distributing on
> CD/DVD or downloading but which is intended for single-user
> deployment, I would use altSQLite because it's fast, free,
> and (thanks to Altuit) trivial to incorporate into my Rev apps.

Dan, Altuit's plugin, unless Im missing something, is _not free_. The core
technology for SQLite is free, but I imagine that Altuit has added some
significant value to make it worth the $99/$149 they are charging.

Now you could take the free SQLite code base and make your own plugin. But
then, that is a significant amount of work and probably your time has a
significant value attached to it (relative to the prices that Altuit or
Paradigma are charging for their solutions).

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software, Inc

Joining Worlds of Information

Deploy True Client-Server Database Solutions
Royalty Free with Valentina Developer Network
http://www.paradigmasoft.com