Be Cautious About MySQL Licensing (was Re: Database suggestions?)

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun May 15 17:26:14 EDT 2005

Stephen....

Where I have the choice of defining an app to run over the Net,
you're right and I use it all the time in those situations.

But sometimes clients and/or their customers dictate that they do not
want to have to be connected to the Net to conduct their business.
They may even have an active desire NOT to have their app be on the
Net. In those cases, you as a developer have no choice but to find a
cost-effective solution. I've faced that issue with two different
significant development projects in the past 12 months.