Getting started with Rev Databases

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 05:41:54 EDT 2005

--- Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
> Mark Wieder wrote:
> > Richard-
> >
> > Friday, May 13, 2005, 6:44:09 PM, you wrote:
> >
> > RG> Also, what's the difference between commands
> that start with "revdb_"
> > RG> and those starting with "revDatabase"?
> >
> > According to the documentation they're synonyms.
>
> Thanks.
>
> That's curious.  Why would they do that?
>
> And some seem to be exceptions, like
> revdb_closecursor being a function
> while  revCloseCursor is a command (and the latter
> doesn't include
> "database", which might allow it to be confused with
> something related
> to the pointer).
>
> Hmmmm....
>
> --
>   Richard Gaskin

I think those synonyms were added in the time between
Rev 1.5 (unreleased) and 2.0 -- the original XML calls
also started with 'revxml_' but I believe that at some
point this was considered confusing syntax.
FWIW, I'm still using the 'revdb_' calls and quite
happy with them ;-)

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>