OT: Boontling Translation (for those who care)

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun May 15 00:22:22 EDT 2005

I realize many of you may have seen Erik, Richard, and myself communicating
in an odd slang language (Boontling) and may not know what we were saying.
For anyone who cares, here's the translation:

> it sounds like a custom property
> is a kind of global.
>
> where are they stored?
>
> where do they go when the glimmies are neemer?

Where do they go when the light is gone?

> guess i'll have to kilackety to Monterey
> to deek & harp the kimmies & brightlighters.

Guess I'll have to take a train to Montery to see and talk to the men and
city folk.

> What, no tea drinkers to deek & harp on? We'll have to pike moshe to a
> gormin' region to osed down, gorm 'n' horn 'n have a harpin' tidrick!

What, no women to see and speak to? We'll have to drive to a restaurant to
sit down, eat and drink and have a group conversation [or party]!

> Demoshed?  Kilackety is bahlest anyway, and only a few belhoons.  I'm
> pikin' from the brightlights kilackety myself.

Can't drive? The train is best anyway, and is pretty inexpensive. I'm taking
a train from the city myself.

> It'll be a mighty fine tidrik, deekin' on the typin' moches, harpin'
> lews and larmers, otin' the greymatter, hootin', and hornin' frattey and
> gormin' swimmies like an ab-chaser.

It'll be a might fine get-together, looking at the computers, speaking
gossip, working the brain, laughing and drinking wine and eating flish like
someone from the coast [outside Boonville].

> I'll shy the nonch harpins so there'll be nee haines-crispin (I'll be
> plenty slugged so I won't be as ose-draggy neemer), and it'll be tidrick
> aplenty with all the kimmies and minks.

I'll stay away from the bad parts of town so the won't be a feud (I'll be
sleeping a lot so I won't be dragging my butt around anymore), and it'll be
a big gathering with all the guys and gals.

> Will the squirrel bacon be there?  It'd be good to harp the bloochins
> with him.  Ain't deeked Cozens in plenty teem.

Will the guy from Boonville area be there [indicating Rob Cozens, who lives
around that area]. It'd be good to chat a lot with him. I haven't seen [Rob]
Cozens in a long time.

---------
And now, back to the regularly scheduled program, already in progress...

:-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/