Collecting Sound Files in a stack

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sat May 14 10:11:16 EDT 2005

Funnily enough, that's what I thought, but Stuffit reduced the total
size of the files from 577mb to around 268mb (though apparently
corrupting them in the process). The compress function in Rev did just
as well, and seems not no have corrupted anything. Filetypes was the
problem, and thanks to Klaus Majors kindly email, I was able to sort it
out. I actually made a standalone that creates a stack containing all
the data, and it's directory structure (I suspect that someone, maybe
Chipp, has already done this), and uploaded the data stack and the
standalone...I wait 'til Monday to see if my colleague at the other end
gets it all ok.

I still quite like the idea of a standalone that contains the actual
data, sort of like a self-extracting archive, and in cases like these,
the engines' 2.8mb overhead would hardly be a problem.

sd2 is, indeed out of date, but actually in quite common use still. I
suppose because it was always the 'native' format for ProTools. The guy
I'm working with seems to prefer them, for some reason. I've settled
with WAVs, myself, but he hasn't.

Cheers,

Mark