Ken Burns Effect in Rev?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri May 13 22:48:14 EDT 2005

Scott Rossi wrote:
> Recently, Richard Gaskin  wrote:
>

>>I really like iPhoto's Ken Burns Effect transition, and have pondered
>>how I might do something like that in Rev.   It's not necessarily
>>atom-splitting, but since it involves changing an image's rect during a
>>fade I'm at a loss to figure out how that would work, since we can do
>>one and then the other but I can't figure out how to do both simultaneously.
>>
>>What am I missing?
>
> If I understand what you're after, I bet there's a built-in transition
> provided by QuickTime that provides something close to what you're looking
> for.  Otherwise, I would think you gotta script it.  If you're dealing with
> some kind of image you can use the blendlevel combined with
> scaling/movement.  For example, capture the current card image onto the new
> cd, then move and blendlevel the capture to reveal the new card.  Might not
> be as smooth as desired,  so I would check QT's effects to see if the wheel
> has already been invented.

Thanks for the reply, but I tried an "answer effect" and it's no go on
the built-in option. :(

Some of these images may be large, so I'm reluctant to do the transition
fully in script.  If I get time to test it out I'll post any useful
results (this is a nice-to-have for me, so I'll have to work on it after
the must-haves are done).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation