Collecting Sound Files in a stack

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Fri May 13 13:26:31 EDT 2005

One thing you should know is that Stuffit and most data compression
will not save you any size with audio. There are special lossless
compression techniques for audio, but they are proprietary and
time-consuming, and the best you could do would be 2:1 with those.
Lemper-Ziv/ RLE encoding of audio will probably make the file BIGGER.

Also SD2 is an obsolete audio format, Apple-centric with resource
forks, and that's probably where the problems are. Try converting
source files to WAV files instead, which do not have resource forks,
and can probably survive the travel.

You shouldn't have to build a standalone as a carrier.