Collecting Sound Files in a stack

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri May 13 08:08:10 EDT 2005

Hi Mark,

> I've been having problems sending a largish batch of sound files
> (500 mb or so, in sd2 format) to an ftp site for a colleague to
> download - various experiments with creating stuffit archives have
> resulted in corruption of data....
>
> So I thought of building a Rev standalone that contains all the
> files as customProps, and which will spit them out as sound files
> at the other end.
>
> My initial experiment involved reading in the files (using the
> binfile URL scheme), and then spitting them back out again (also
> using the binfile URL scheme). The resulting files are the correct
> size, but OS X now thinks they are text files (they are supposed to
> be sd2 files). Adding the .sd2 suffix to the file names gets them
> recognised as sound files, but the quicktime player (which plays
> the originals without difficulty) simply barfs on them.
>
> I've tried compressing them on the way in and decompressing them on
> the way out, but apart from reducing the size, this does not help.
>
> Any ideas?

yep :-)

Set the filetype before spitting out the files...

set the filetype to "XXXX"
put the mycp1 of stack ... into url...

See "filetype" in the docs...

Unfortunately i don't know the "filetype" of sd2 files, but you can
get it with the "long files" function...

Set "the directory" to the folder where a sd2 files is and find the line
in "the long files" that represents you file. Then check the last item
of that line that will be the filetype :-)

Watch out, there may be SPACES in the filetype! They are necessary!

Hope that helps...

> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de

P.S.
To make your (and other Mac users) life a bit easier, i just uploaded***
a tiny stack to revonline:

User: klausimausi
File: What's the filetype?

***
It's not yet uploaded!!!
"There was an error while quering the server."

I will keep trying and will post a short message on success...