Cursor issues

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 11 15:08:27 EDT 2005

On 5/11/05 1:26 PM, Scott Slaugh wrote:

>  In my ongoing quest to convert some HyperCard stacks, I have run into a few
> more problems. One has to do with the defaultCursor. In the openstack
> handler, I have been setting the defaultCursor to an image that is located
> on one of the cards of the stack. However, as the program runs, the cursor
> often gets corrupted. It will change to a image other than the one I set.
> Has anyone run into this, and if so, have you been able to work around it?
> This may be related to another cursor issue we are having. Often when we set
> the cursor to watch, when the handler completes it does not reset the
> cursor. It remains a watch, leaving people thinking the program has frozen.
> Any ideas out there for this one?

I think we've all seen both of these bugs, which were somehow introduced
in the last version release. There are bug reports on both of them, I
believe. It isn't just related to custom cursors, the behavior happens
with the regular cursors in the IDE too. I haven't found a reliable way
around the corrupted cursor problem yet. For the hung "watch" image, you
can either just set your cursor back at the end of the handler, or use
"reset cursors" which seems to clear it in the IDE when I do it from the
message box.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com