bad word checker

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Wed May 11 13:08:29 EDT 2005

On May 11, 2005, at 9:55 AM, Paul Salyers wrote:

> Why not put the letter "Q" or "X" after or before each valve.
> Knowing that them 2 letters are not used in a bad word and omitting
> the Letter "U" after "Q". That will omit the word "queer"
>
> Just a thought.

This product is a replacement of snellen projectors.  It is used when
you read the letters on the chart.  There are key letters that are
expected and others that are not allowed.  Already the software must
go through some basic checks.

1.  Certain letters must show up while others can not.
2.  Letters are not allowed to repeat on a given line.
3.  Lines must contain 5 letters (provided the given system can fit
that many)
4.  Lines must be completely random to prevent memorization (whether
it is accidental or not)
5.  New:  no recognizable words can show up (bad or good)

I have found that using a large enough pre-done list that meets the
qualifications above will do the job nicely.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com