bad word checker

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed May 11 00:52:30 EDT 2005

On May 10, 2005, at 10:17 PM, Mark Talluto wrote:

> Anyone of any ideas on the list?

For a product-key task, recently, I omitted vowels from the set of
allowed characters to avoid bad words.  The set also had digits.  In
that approach you still might have things show up that look bad, but in
my tests that didn't seem to be happening.

Another approach would be to omit all words, bad or not, by using some
sort of spell checker library includes bad words.

I'm with you about maintaining the bad word list.  I once managed a
discussion email list and had to set up my bad word filters.  Blach!
It's worse than searching through the spam bucket for missed mail.
Since I'm naive, there are probably lots of words I don't know and I'm
upset about the ones I do know.

Dar