Taoo's Action List

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Wed May 11 00:06:32 EDT 2005

Hi Dan,

The many functions that may look like some RunRev transcript usually
do a bit more. For example GoStack will ask you where the stack
is or will try to find it in TAOO's known path (you can program
it to search the whole computer or internet but that's a bit overkill
today compared to good old macos times ;) It also doesn't limit itself
to rev files but mc and hc files too.

Usually the handlers verify their info too and will adapt or infeer
depending on different object types. Outside of the GIM context, most
mentions of groups is in reference to object groups - stacks or folders.

An object is usuall a card in a stack but you can make it anything you
want!

Cheers
Xavier
--
sorry, im having email problems and lost most of yesterday's emails.
so im copypasting from the archives...

--

Impressive list, Xavier.

Is it your intent that TAOO language be a strict superset of
Transcript, with no duplicated functionality, or are you going to
reproduce all or most of Transcript's commands. It was hard to tell
because some of the handlers in the list sound a bit like existing
commands but perhaps are designed to behave somewhat differently
(e.g., operate on formal objects).