expand the boundaries of a group

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Mon May 9 14:01:24 EDT 2005

> If the user (via a button) inserts a field or button into the
> group BobsEmptyGroup, will they inherit the background
> behaviour of the group and be visible on all cards?

Bob,

What properties (or script abilities) are inherited (fonts for example) and
which are not (custom props or geometry) are good examples of why a visual
object hierarchy is worth or not worth using...

Depends much on the application too. The good news, is that it's all
overideable or exceptionable (new snipppet: a computer change that doesn't
happen because it shouldn't (not because it must imperatively work instead
of failing))!

That a stack, background, card or group tells its children-objects or
controls what to do or what to wear is cool. That a control cannot do what
it wants because of inheritance, is a bummer... Sorry for the possible
connotations - restrict to computer imagery.

Heard that somewhere, but where? ;) Individual's expression? Teenage
rebellion?

Here's 3 new GIM scripthandlers:

resizeMenuGroupObject
resizeTabMenuGroups
resizeObjectGroup

Guess what they do?

Next on the list:
ResizeGroupObjs objs, behavior
Columns, Rows, Tables in tables, the lot?

No scripting required at all for a GM in TAOO!
I adopted the concept thursday, it's great!

It is inherited but overideable naturally.
Exceptional efficiency and support requirements ;)

cheers
Xav

http://monsieurx.com/taoo