expand the boundaries of a group

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon May 9 09:13:14 EDT 2005

Hi Bob,

> Hi All.
>
> I have been experimenting with some simple grouping. If I have a
> stack of one
> size and put 3 controls on it and group them, then the group is
> only as big as
> the area of the controls. Now I have a problem, since my controls are
> resizeable by the user, therefore, when the resize to bigger than
> the original
> group area, the resized controls are not totally visible. Is there
> a way to
> make the group area as big as the card?

Sure :-)

Resize your group as big as you like*** and then (and this is the
trick!) go to the
inspector, selct "Size and Position" for that group and check
"Lockloc"...

That will make your group ALWAYS stay as big as you sized it.

Hope that helps...

***You can also use the message box/script:
set the rect of grp "Your group name here..." to the rect of this card

> Cheers
> Bob

Regards

Klaus Major