[ANN] Pen Tool v2

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri May 6 15:59:15 EDT 2005

> > The only critique i got is that it feels more illustrator
> (3 clicks+
> > drag) like than the simpler Freehand interface (2
> > clicks-drag) (if i got it correctly ;) - finally a professional
> > looking line graphic tool in Rev ;)
>
> i'll check how Macromedia do this in FreeHand.

it's my all time prefered vector/cad drawing tool! Visually there's better
apps that do amazing 3D stuff far better but Freehand is the reference
IMOHO. Clean and laser quality cut for any illustration job!

> By the way, i noticed so many resemblances in RR with many
> vector drawing apps, layers could be implemented with groups,
> groups could be implemented with groups within other groups
> (that works as layers) zoom and scrolling by scaling and
> translating...

Yes, im working on layering in ControlsN2O and themes. Partly implemented in
GIM using layers as a third dimension too. But the 3D functions im leaving
for last until all 2D's are imagined and written (with 3D in mind).

> except in one vital feature: There is no compound paths in
> vector graphics... so you could not draw the circles inside
> the number 8 or the hole in the letter o, etc.

There's ways with masks but it's messy.

> Ink effects are too cool to be left out, so Did other vector
> drawing apps implement ink effects or something alike?

Look at flash ;) I think it's very important and looking at PhotoShops use
of them, there's a clear advantage to having them in many [eg skinning]
situations.

cheers
Xav