ANN/RFD Python in Rev - no probs!

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri May 6 13:46:25 EDT 2005

Hi Guys,

Any python users in the list interested in a planned project to have python
executed from Rev or compiled as dlls for RunRev including WinMFC and COM
apis are welcome to join. Finally a possible way to do compileIt in RunRev.
I dont have a Mac to see how this can be done but gnu-c compilation seems
possible so there may be a way for osx/unix/linux users present and
interested. So you input is equally welcome and encouraged.

A team spirit to empower (keyword of the day) RunRev is only good for all in
RunRev! I'll open a forum for it on MonsieurX.com if there is discussion
material (and avoid polution to the kind Rev Mailist).

Side note, this will probably be replicated for PHP and GNU C when and if
needed only

Plan more or less include in an approximate order:
- The standard ebook hyper-referenced code library in Revo (independent but
based on TAOO)
- Python languague reference and translation matrix (rev to py and
viceversa)
- Object model compatibility interface (the exo in xos) - easy parameters
passing as usual
- Python function compatibility wrapper-layer (user python's calls in rev) -
easier ports of py in rev!
- Python direct function calls (shell or direct to dll eventually)
- WinPython and Python shell call management-intelligence
- Python task threading and scheduling management (agents are great tools)
- Python - meta-dll to openGL modules and more...

I think my agenda is full until next year now ;)

Cheers
Xav