Split screen output for Presentations

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu May 5 23:12:21 EDT 2005

Tom, Dan:

Yes, of course one can set this all up manually. Keynote just seems to
use apple internal ability to know all this stuff, which Revolution may
not be able to access.

I work all day with my 17" G4 powerbook plugged into a 21" cinema
display, with the external Cinema display monitor set to be the main
monitor.

So, presumably if the presentor knows his variables ahead of time you
can just write the scripts to drive the windows into the correct rects.

e.g. right now on my cinema display an open stack can be set to the
screenloc and obviously, centers itself... If I open another stack at:

-1430,63,-443,604

it will appear on the on-board monitor of the powerbook itself, which
is set to be the second monitor and arranged in the display panel of
sys prefs to be on the left of external monitor.

Of course, this is all very doable by hand, but, as we say in Hawaii
very "hokey!" i.e. a fiddle-dee-dee work around.  What one wants
(obviously) is for Rev to be able to read all this these system
parameters-variables, screen positions-rects in advance of the stack
opening.

the screenrect gets you monitor 1... so a bit of math could get you the
center of the project screen which should default to monitor two on the
right... .. e.g. the horizontal center of monitor 2 for the projector
800X600 would should be (item 3 of the screenrect+400)...

So, yes, doable, but "hokey"

Sivakatirswami