put into URL not "putting"

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Thu May 5 18:58:28 EDT 2005

Phil Davis wrote:
> You can at least find out what the file permissions are this way:
>
> on mouseUp -- as in a button
>   answer folder "Pick the folder containing your file:"
>   if it = empty then exit mouseUp
>   set the defaultFolder to it
>   put the detailed files into tFileList
>   filter tFileList with "*Preferences.dat*" -- leaves a single line
>   answer item 10 of tFileList -- the file permissions item
> end mouseUp
>
> Permissions here can be understood same as on other systems.
>
> Phil

The result of the above script:  666

As I remember from my days of perl scripting, 666 for a file pretty much
means that anyone can read/write the file.

So with that in mind, how does anyone else write their preferences on a
Mac?  I'd rather just put the prefs in a custom property, but there's no
way to save the data within the standalone other than write it to an
external file.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software