put into URL not "putting"

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Thu May 5 18:38:47 EDT 2005

You can at least find out what the file permissions are this way:

on mouseUp -- as in a button
   answer folder "Pick the folder containing your file:"
   if it = empty then exit mouseUp
   set the defaultFolder to it
   put the detailed files into tFileList
   filter tFileList with "*Preferences.dat*" -- leaves a single line
   answer item 10 of tFileList -- the file permissions item
end mouseUp

Permissions here can be understood same as on other systems.

Phil