Frozen Accidents

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed May 4 11:48:02 EDT 2005

Lynn, Dan, Gordon, et al:

> > many great
> > either more
> > succeed.

Add to that "ineptitude or failure to appreciate the market potential on
the part of management" (eg: Softech Microsystems decision to charge $400
for the UCSD-p System for the original IBM PC when Microsoft was selling
PC-DOS for $40), and I couldn't agree more.

Which is why I feel Apple will continue to loose market share if it cannot
bring touch screen, handwriting recognition, pen input, voice recognition,
and WiFi technology to market bundled a la the various Windows Tablet
PCs.  Having used a TPC for about six months now, nothing would entice me
to put down my pen and reach for a mouse, keyboard, track pad, or track ball.

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company