To Rev or not to Rev

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Wed May 4 11:32:05 EDT 2005

Im sick of this non-sense - no offense to you Mickey...

Object oriented "technology" is just any way to refer semantically via a
programming language to operate on "generic" objects or objects derived from
those.

RR doesn't have a memory model but it's possible to create it with easy
commands.

And I'll quote Grady Booch "it is therefore the task of the developer to
distribute such behaviors so that they may be combined in interesting ways,
giving rise to the 'self-maintaining fire' that is the mark of a profound oo
architecture." Pg 167 The Best of Booch (Sigs Reference Library - Cambridge
Univ. Press)

Patterns, templates, polymorph*, abstraction, classes and all the rest are
just a matter of imagination or interpretation. If the "engine" doesn't
support the abstraction, you write it. If they dont support polimorph*, you
branch it. ez!

In Forth, it's like in C, you add a layer ++. Java, and others have it...
RunRev - doesn't have the abstraction? They do, but they is literally no
array handling to speak of compared to other mainstream languages. It's nice
to keep things easy but it makes the use and adaptability very weak IMOHO.
Sorry, it's reality...

In forth or c you could develop libraries to handle arrays with little
performance hits. In RunRev, it's another story...

With one exception... If a background behavior group is considered a class,
and a card in this group is an object then you jump one step ahead of any
other environment.

So... That's the TAOO object model base for data storage. It also works in
SQL or any other classic memory storage (arrays, folder/files, FMP layouts,
etc...)

My 2 TAOOcentric cents...

Critiques are welcome naturally!

Cheers