Revolution in Education

Marielle Lange M.Lange at ed.ac.uk
Tue May 3 17:33:36 EDT 2005

Thanks Dan,

I had come across a few commercial multimedia authorware but did not know about
that one yet... I am University Lecturer. Still, I believe that the learning by
doing advertised by the likes of Papert and Dewey do not apply only to young
kids.

In the context of my teaching at MSc level (teaching neuroscience to
informatics/cognitive science msc students), I did consider giving my students,
as an assignment, the task to set up a mcq (multiple choice question) of
quizz-type exercise of their choice, on one of the lecture topic. You can
answer a question by root learning. You cannot create a good one if you haven't
understood what the content is about. (This is why, I asked a few months ago
about an education price... I would be interested in having my students do some
very basic programmming with revolution rather than just push on a player
button...)

Best,
Marielle