Drag selected lines (or other objects) between stacks?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue May 3 10:07:07 EDT 2005

Hi Glen,

> I was wondering if it is possible to:
>
> 1. drag selected lines in a field in one stack and drop them into a
> field in another stack?

just tested here with a simple unlocked textfield, and it does NOT work
:-(

I can drag selected text from a field to a window of Textedit (simple
Texteditor on OS X)
and the text will appear in that window, but although the cursor
indicates that the "drop action"
will succeed in Rev (Drag and drop cursor with a PLUS sign!), nothing
arrives at the other field
on the other stack...

Even worse, if you do not hold the ALT-key (to drag-copy the selection)
your text is gone completely!

Too bad and a shame :-/

> 2. drag an object (button or image) between stacks?

Not out of the box!

But with heavy scripting, just like the new toolbar in Rev ;-)
I am not sure, but i think this is done by some frontscript in Rev...

> A one time there was an old stack showing dragging selected lines
> between fields but I can't seem to find it posted anymore?
>
> thanks

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de