Prefs and Settings - best practices

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon May 2 23:33:36 EDT 2005

Mikey,

I like to store them in the user prefs area (different folder for each
OS) as XML files. They're easy to parse, and easy to write to and allow
for future updatability.

And, because stacks are difficult to create (on the fly) from a server,
I generally only use them if I have to store some sort of binary data
(logo) with pref files. If you're interested in cross-platform
compatiblity, it's best to stay out of the registry, unless you have to
be there (file associations).

best,

Chipp