DVD Decoder

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon May 2 11:44:38 EDT 2005

On May 1, 2005, at 11:48 AM, Derek Bump wrote:

> Is anyone aware of any add-ins for QuickTime (Windows) that will allow
> one to use QuickTime to show DVDs?

I second this request. I would LOVE to be able to access DVDs through
Rev/QT. Old-time Hypercarders, remember how simple and elegant it was
to access laser disks using the Xcommands in HC? Or Audio CDs? The
inability to do the same this with DVDs represents a giant step
backward for those of us trying to integrate video with instructional
applications.

Devin

> I love the DVD player on Mac OS X and I can't stand the ones on
> Windows and I'd like to make a free custom DVD player using QuickTime
> and Revolution.

The best I've been able to manage with DVDs is to use AppleScript to
launch and control the DVD player.