Split screen output for Presentations

Dan Soneson sonesond1 at southernct.edu
Mon May 2 09:23:42 EDT 2005

Tom,

You're right, of course. You do need to turn mirror imaging 'OFF' prior
to running the show, using the system preferences panel. Does the new
KeyNote dynamically detect the setting and turn mirror imaging off?
What does it do with an iBook where you can't turn mirror imaging off?

Rev will allow you to set the coordinates of the screen stack. For
example, if the projector monitor is to the left of the main screen,
then

"set the topRight of stack "screenStack" to 0,0"

ought to display it just fine. If you cannot set mirror imaging off,
perhaps you could have a button on the "control" stack that sets the
topLeft of the display stack to 0,0. You would lose the control stack's
features, unfortunately, but you could still display the presentation.

Dan

> Dan, Sivakatirswami,
>
> This approach assumes you have mirror imaging 'OFF' in order to have
> two distinct  screen areas. I don't know how (applescript, do process,
> shell) to do this. Or how to detect this to not get errors. Something
> like "If the system has two monitors (?) then turn off 'video
> mirroring' then do 'split screen' and set this window to main screen
> and send that window to alt screen'.
>
> I don't see where knowing these things is within REVs builtin
> capabilities.
Daniel B. Soneson
Director, Language Lab
Southern CT State University