About variable.

Martin Baxter martin at materiaprima.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 16:12:30 EST 2005

>When would you have to use a global variable, in so far as something
>cannot be accomplished with a custom property?
>
>On Mar 31, 2005, at 12:41 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

Well, I don't find custom properties are very convenient for storing
arrays. Is everyone else using custom property sets for this ? I tried that
but I got confused even with quite small arrays. When I re-read my own
scripts I couldn't understand them anymore (and I have enough trouble with
that as it is;-).

Also, if I remember correctly, you sometimes have to put a custom property
into a variable in order to modify a chunk successfully (and then put it
back), since it can't be done directly, is that right? I seem to recall
some issue of that sort.

Martin Baxter