lazy newbie

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Thu Mar 31 15:35:47 EST 2005

>On 3/30/05 6:28 PM, Timothy Miller wrote:
>
>>When I'm done with all this stuff, do I need to convert my
>>backgrounds to sub-stacks?
>
>No, substacks are a different thing. Backgrounds are backgrounds,
>just like in HC, only they have additional behaviors in Rev, so they
>are also called "groups". The distinction is subtle, and use of the
>terms "group" and "background" need to vary depending on the
>placement of the groups. But for your imported stacks, continue to
>refer to them as backgrounds, and use them as you always have. Your
>stacks should act just as they do in HC and your scripts should work
>the same. You don't need to do anything different for now (but
>later, when you discover the power of groups, you will use them more
>fully and change your terminology.)

--snip--

You never cease to amaze me, Jacque. Generous, patient and
knowledgeable beyond all expectation.

Needless to say, your comments are very helpful. Thanks.

I might add -- I'm getting too old for this, and it isn't my hobby,
and I have too many other things I must do. It is my sincere wish
that I will never explore the possibilities of Rev. I just want my
stacks and reports to work, and not to become dangerously obsolete.
I'll add a <g> to indicate the absence of malice, but I am not being
ironic.

Cheers,

Tim