Quicktime with Rev... vertical controller

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Mar 31 15:18:23 EST 2005

On Mar 31, 2005, at 12:09 PM, Mark Swindell wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2005, at 8:08 AM, Trevor DeVore wrote:
>> Do you want the actual image to flip or just the movie controller?
>> If you want the image then you can use the EnhnacedQT external.  If
>> you want to position the controller along the side rather than the
>> bottom of the movie then it is possible using the QT API but I
>> haven't put it in the external.
>
> Trevor,
> How hard would this be to accomplish? (Placing the controller
> vertically... there is no image)

Now that I think about it I'm not sure it will work.  Theoretically it
is pretty easy.  There is a call in the QT API which attaches/detaches
a movie controller from the actual movie it is playing.  This allows
you to place the movie controller elsewhere on the screen (above the
movie, off to the side, etc.)  Two things I don't know though:

1) Will QT make a vertical controller if the width is set to 16 and the
height is larger?

2) Will modifying the mc controller interfere with how Revolution deals
with the movie controller?

You can create a custom controller that works vertically if you need
this type of functionality right away.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia