More Image problems

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Mar 31 05:51:40 EST 2005

Hi Chipp,

> Xavier,
>
> I could be wrong, but I would think as soon as Rev 'imports' an image,
> it is converted to it's own internal format.

well, almost :-)

This will happen only if you edit (or fake to do so like: click with
any paint tool and UNDO immediately)
the imported image.

HINT: This is especially useful when working with custom cursors!!!

> That format supports 32-bit images (24 + 8 alpha) and so exporting is
> a simple matter of choosing what
> format you wish to save as (see export command).
>
> I always leave the .gif/.png/.bmp extension on my images, just so I
> know how they were originally created.

And we can always:
export img xyz to file "xyz.jpg" AS JPEG
## Or PNG or GIF (yes, even GIF, but looks AWFUL :-D

Or "...AS PAINT" (or leave out "AS Format" at all) which will result in
a file in the most commonly used and very
wide-spread formats PBM, PGM or PPM ;-)

> best,
>
> Chipp
>
> MisterX wrote:
>> Hum... Working with images is not innocent work!

Innocent?
I know what that means but in this context...?

>> I would like to export an image. Simple...

Sure, very simple, if you know how ;-)

>> But image names do not always have the .gif or .png or .jpg in their
>> names.

Your problem ;-)

But if you know the format you can simply:
put img xyz into url("binfile:filename.jpg") ##or whatever...

>> If you use the command line export img id x to file thisfile you get
>> nothing!

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de