Invisible files in OS 9

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 30 23:27:07 EST 2005

On 3/30/05 9:10 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, J. Landman Gay  wrote:
>

>>Is it possible to make a file in Mac OS 9 invisible without a special
>>applescript addition?
>

> If you're on OS9 one might assume that you'll have access using to Hypercard
> style externals...  I found this tidbit going back about 3 years -- maybe
> it's an option:
>
>   http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-May/004786.html

Thanks Scott, I even have the Caliban externals around here somewhere,
left over from my HC days. I'll give it a try. (I'm running OS X here,
but I need to build for OS 9.)

What gets me is that Apple didn't include a native visibility command in
AppleScript. Weird. And the other thing that gets me is that most of the
OS 9 file flags can be set with "setResource" except for visibility.
Hmph. Grumble.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com