Own fontsuite with standalone ?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Mar 30 15:06:58 EST 2005

On 3/30/05 1:21 PM, "Jerry Balzano" <gjbalzano at popmail.ucsd.edu> wrote:

> But then when I tried
> € ext_loadFont "/Users/jerry/Desktop/KillerStumps.ttf"
> I received the familiar "can't find handler" error message.

Uh, Jerry, take a look at your path. That's an OS X path being used for a
command that only works on Windows.

I'm sorry I didn't catch this earlier; the thread started by someone
(Kresten Bjerg) who was looking for a way to install fonts on Mac and
Windows, and when Klaus Major brought up the idea of using the 'ext.dll'
he'd mentioned:

> I don't have the syntax/docs anymore (yes, i paid for them  along time
> ago) but maybe this still works and even with XP?

Additionally, any external that ends in ".dll" is WIndows only; externals
for Mac usually end in ".bundle".

Soooooo, if you want to try loading fonts on Windows, use ext_loadFont with
a windows path (like "C:/Documents and Settings/All
Users/Desktop/KillerStumps.ttf"). As to loading fonts on OS X, I would
assume you can just copy the file to the proper Fonts directory.

Time to come out of the basement...

:-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software