Unquoted Literal Problem

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Mar 30 12:30:41 EST 2005

Recently, Varen Swaab  wrote:

> I'm having a problem with the following code. I'm running a handler on
> Stack A which draws text in Stack B and I'm trying to draw that text
> with a visual effect. Here is the problem:
>
> This works >>>>>>
>
> on drawNextThing
>  lock screen
>  doThisNow sNext+1
>  unlock screen
> end drawNextThing
>
> This doesn't work (with error Unquoted Literal)>>>>
>
> on goNextThabit
>  lock screen of card "main_card" of stack "player_main"
>  goThabit sThabit+1
>  unlock screen of card "main_card" of stack "player_main" with visual
> effect dissolve
> end goNextThabit
>

> When I run the code w/out the visual effect it all works fine, when I
> try to add the code just above, it gives me an error that I have an
> unquoted literal. I checked, double-checked all my syntax everywhere
> else in the script and it all seems fine. I can run this code (with
> dissolve effect) in another stack just fine. Any ideas?

You might try removing the card reference in your "lock screen..."
statement.  AFAIK, 'lock screen' only applies to the default stack and is
not intended to work with card references.

 set the defaultStack to "player_main"
 -- use the above line if your script is not in the same stack
 lock screen
 unlock screen with visual effect dissolve

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design