field margins

Éric Chatonet eric.chatonet at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 30 09:34:16 EST 2005

Hi Richard,

OS X - Rev 2.5.1

I tried a grid 10*10 pixels:
New table field with opaque, 3D, showFocusBorder, autoHilite and
scrollbars set to false
borderWidth set to 1, fixedLineHeight set to true and textHeight set to
10
Then tabstops set to "9,19" and margins set to "4,5,4,4"
This grid is perfect :-)
The tabstops trick allows to correct the width of the first column.
The margins trick allows to correct the height of the first row.
Sure that all that is a little bit odd ;-)

Best regards,

Le 30 mars 05, à 16:12, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> Ken Ray wrote:
>> On 3/29/05 4:07 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I nedd to use a field as a grid display, which generally works well
>>> with
>>> one anomaly:  the left margin of the field always has a gap of about
>>> four or five pixels.
>>>
>>> I've tried setting the showBorder and threeD to false, and setting
>>> the
>>> margins to 0,0,0,0 but still I have that gap.
>>
>> That's odd... when I do what you're suggesting with a new field, the
>> text in
>> the field is cut off by a few pixels on the left and top. Only by
>> setting
>> the margins to 2 (or 2,2,2,2) does it hug-up to the upper left corner
>> of the
>> field with no margin.
>
> Sorry, should have clarified:  I have no text in the field at all.  I'm
> simply using it as a lightweight grid display.
>
> So the problem isn't about where text appears, but about the evenness
> of
> the line spacing....

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software
Web site		http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/
Email		eric.chatonet AT sosmartsoftware.com/
Phone		33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile		33 (0)6 20 74 50 86