Running MySQL Utility Commands on Remote Server

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 04:31:02 EST 2005

Hi Sarah

Thanks again for another of your responses below.

I assumed that the MySQL utility programs could be used only where
the rest of MySQL had been installed.  From what you're saying, these
utilities are completely standalone and independent of any other
material installed as part of the MySQL server.  Is this the case, or
does it mean that MySQL has to be installed on each client system as
well, not to function as a local MySQL server, but simply to provide
support for the utilities?

Cheers

Peter

--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk