Multiple Line SQL for MySQL?

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Mar 28 23:14:38 EST 2005

Hi Peter,

Here is a segment of the handler I use for restoring data to MySQL.
This takes the file produced by mysqldump and re-instates it. tRestore
is a variable containing the text data.

   repeat
     get offset(";" & cr, tRestore)
     if it = 0 then exit repeat
     put char 1 to it of tRestore into tSQL
     delete char 1 to it of tRestore

     get doSQLexecute(tSQL, tID)
     if it is not a number then
       answer error "Error restoring from backup." & cr & it & cr & tSQL
as sheet
       exit to top
     end if
   end repeat

I have a doSQLexecute function that is just a wrapper for the
revExecuteSQL command. I realize that you didn't want to have to do
this, but it is really quite fast.

HTH,
Sarah