Mail client with Rev...

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Mar 28 23:08:48 EST 2005

I have several versions of specialized email clients operating using my
POP library & my as yet unreleased SMTP library.
They operate in unattended mode on servers and remote monitoring
computers 24/7 and some of them process hundreds of emails a day with
total reliability, recovering independently whenever communications are
lost & regained.

I have made these clients intentionally dumb - they don't try to
display anything, they forward emails that match rules, delete spam,
save to text files for other apps to process, make outgoing emails
based on submitted text files etc. As they never need to display email
text, I have no problems with trying to show HTML emails.

However, while the communications with the POP & SMTP servers are very
good when using Revolution, there is a lot more to a modern email
client, which I would be reluctant to try to emulate :-)

Sarah
http://www.troz.net/Rev/