"rather not have apps... from a web page"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 28 02:43:30 EST 2005

Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> I was just thinking I would create something and then later decide that
> I need to include the "animation" libraries or maybe the "speech" or
> geometry libraries etc. and that I guess I should include all of
> these??? Or how do you include them later??

I never use those so they don't figure into my own work, but they
shouldn't be too hard to accomodate.  The key is to remember that
they're not part of the engine, just scripts in buttons that get
inserted into your backscripts.  You could just put them in your
standalone and leave them there -- they don't change often between
engine releases.  If you really need them separately you could copy them
into a stack file.

If you're really ambitious you could concatenate all those scripts into
one big one.  There's no practical limit on script size, and putting
them all in one script will free up about 6 runtime backscript slots.
But with 50 library slots available there's probably little need for that.

For more on backscript, frontscripts, and libraries see:
<http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/revolution_message_path.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation