"rather not have apps... from a web page"

Erik Hansen erikhans08 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 09:16:06 EST 2005

--- Len Morgan <len-morgan at crcom.net> wrote:

> In reality, I only had to "snow" one guy to get
> to the next step in the
> process and that's what I was seeking advice
> on: how could I fool HIM so
> it didn't look like anything was getting
> installed.

from another thread on another list:

That website TRIES To REQUIRE a ActiveX
Program for installation on your computer,
it then LOADS YOUR mACHINE WITH TONS OF CRAP
- Advertising and everything
else, on my XP Machine it also tried to add
itself for
load up EVERY TIME MY MACHINE STARTS, and it
tries to
load itself in a way that does not even allow
normal
WinXP Startup...  my machine cannot do a normal
startup now - after that junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

people have strong feelings about
non-consensual downloads. you might get
blamed for someone else's
home invasion.