[noob here]mouseloc<0?

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 02:25:18 EST 2005

At work my lappie is hooked up to two monitors, which is really great.
 Unfortunately, if I move a stack to the second monitor and take the
lappie on the road, the stacks open off the visible area.  No problem!
 I have a virtual desktop utility.  Well, no problem until tonight,
when the virtual desktop wouldn't open.  Goody.

OK, so I try the following
set the loc of stack xxx to the mouseLoc

Uh, nothing.  Check the docs.  Try try try.  Nothing.
Put the mouseloc
-150,250
What?  I can see the mouse, how is it at -368, 250?

Finally I try set the loc of stack xxx to 0,0
Which puts it way up and left and in an unusable position.
set the loc of stack xxx to 500,500
Now I can use it.

So apparently, the mouseLoc is relative to the top-left location of
the top of the RR main palette?

It would also appear that RR will not allow you to set the loc of
windows, stacks, etc. to negative values, even though it will open
such objects offscreen.  True?
   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."