Mail client with Rev...

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Mar 24 18:57:27 EST 2005

thierry wrote:

>Hi all,
>
> Is there anybody around who could confirm that they are using
> Revolution and one of these POP and SMTP rev libraries all the time
> to get and send their own emails ?
>
> well, i mean using intensively and daily these libraries and being
> completely happy with ?

I don't use it to get my own email every day - but I do use one of them
(Sarah's libPOP) in my Spam filtering program. It was, until recently,
used every day, fairly intensively - not only by myself but also my
wife. (A very demanding user base !!)

Every one of our 600-1000 emails each day between September and February
was read (headers and a few lines of text only)  through that app /
library, and 80% of them were then deleted via the library, leaving only
the small number remaining to be read by normal email program (OE and
Eudora).

The main point of my Spam filter is to allow a quick, inexact filter
using only blacklisted & whitelist senders - *without* downloading the
whole email (slow dial-up line ...), so in general only the first 1-2K
bytes of each mail is actually read by this program.

In Feb I switched us over to Thunderbird, and we're experimenting with
its Spam filter - so we need to let all the spam through to it; that's
the only reason we stopped using the filtering app - had no problems at
all with the library.