Mac / ISO XML - dumb question

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Wed Mar 23 06:46:32 EST 2005

Terry,

Thanks for the suggestion (replacing upper ASCII chars
with their &#xxx; form); I've already came to that conclusion.
The XML files I need to generate on-the-fly with Rev cgi
feature french content, and french language uses quite a few
of those upper ascii chars (éèêëàâäîœæôïöùüç)...
The only thing I'm worried about is : this might be OK when
opening the XML files in a browser, but what about other
software (spreadsheet, word processor...) ? Will they accept
é for é (for instance) ?

Thanks,
JB