Insertion-point marker disappearence - help

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Mar 23 06:00:57 EST 2005

Dag Kresten,

> I have met with a problem, to which I find no explication in the rev
> documentation. Usually an unlocked text field, when selected, will
> have a blinking
> insertion-point cursor. This functions in my mainstack.  But a
> textfield in the substack does have active insertion-point (where
> keyboard text gets inserted), but it doesnt show the blinking marker,
> although the properties set for the field are identical to those in
> the main stack, where the function is intact.  I dont even find a
> keyword in the documentation to identify the little "blinking marker"
> (often referred to as a "cursor".)  How can I revive it ?  And are
> there- by the way - procedures to change it (Eg coloring it, or
> bolding it?)

Quick guess:

Does some other object overlap (even 1 pixel will do) your field?
If yes, that might be the answer...

Another solution(?) for me was, after i had the same problem and NO
other objects
were overlapping my field, to simply replace the field with a fresh and
new one!

Although that did NOT make sense, it worked for me... :-)

> Refer please to Oikos Homestation <http://www.psy.ku.dk/bjerg>, for
> further information
>
> Kresten Bjerg
> Mag.art. forhenværende lektor i psykologi,
>
> Mailto:Kresten at psy.ku.dk

Best

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de