OT: Analyzing competitors - In this case Real Software

Keith Hutchison keith.hutchison at balance-infosystems.com
Tue Mar 22 16:58:21 EST 2005

> Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 10:21:33 AM, you wrote:
>
> DS> Mark, does RB support the creation of externals? I was under the
> DS> impression it didn't.
No. But there is a feature request for externals.

> Er... I'm not sure... I don't think so. What I meant was that RB and
> VB have a way of calling functions that are in external libraries
> (DLLs and such), while you have to do a bit more work creating shim
> functions in runrev to get there.
REALBasic also is able to call external libraries. On MacOSX, Linux and
Win32.

I find it interesting that the title is 'Analyzing competitors'.

Given that both RunRev and RealBasic can use tcpip sockets I think of the
products as complimentary. I prefer REALBasic do to it's ability to
subclass. Others I work with prefer RunRev. Some even prefer Filemaker.

Keith Hutchison
Balance-Infosystems.Com

postgresql - mysql - dbf
Foxpro - Delphi - MS Access - REALbasic - Java
http://balance-infosystems.com http://realopen.org