Global Madness

Glen Boyd glenb at napier.govt.nz
Mon Mar 21 21:15:56 EST 2005

Hi,

Howard Bornstein wrote:
> So I ran the stack and first typed "put gHeightScaler" and it output
> gHeightscaler. Then I typed in " global gHeightScaler; put
> gHeightScaler" and it output the correct value of gHeightScaler.
>
> So this means that, for some reason, even though it's right there in
> my handler, the variable gHeightScaler isn't being initialized as a
> global. Why?

Have you declared this global in all stacks that require access to it?
If I recall correctly you need to specify the global in each stack that
you wish to use the variable globally in.

cheers

--
Glen Boyd		<glenb at napier.govt.nz>
Network Administrator	Napier City Council

Attention:
This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain information that
is confidential and subject to legal privilege. Any information
provided is given in good faith. However unless specifically stated to
the contrary, Napier City Council accepts no liability for the
content of this e-mail or for the consequences of any action taken on
the basis of the information provided, unless that information is
subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this message or data is prohibited. If you received this e-mail
message in error, please notify us immediately and erase all copies
of this message and attachments. Thank you.