Can Revolution create a large, colored cursor?

Stgoldberg at aol.com Stgoldberg at aol.com
Sun Mar 20 23:44:55 EST 2005

As a beginner I'm really finding this forum extremely helpful. Perhaps
someone can help with this question:   Although the instructions say that a cursor
has to be in black and white and not larger than 16x16, I'm wondering if there
is a way around this.   Many games, for instance, have large cursors, e.g. a
large grasping hand when the cursor moves over an object than can be grasped.
I first thought that perhaps one could use a hidden image of a grasping hand
that was made to appear over the location of the cursor when the cursor passed
over the object to be grasped, in a script like this:

on mouseEnter
set cursor to none
set lockcursor to true
set the loc of image "LargeHand" to the mouseloc
end mouseEnter

on mouseLeave
set lockcursor to false
set cursor to arrow
hide image "LargeHand"
end mouseLeave

It would seem that this should work, but it doesn't, since the   "LargeHand"
image for some reason keeps flickering whenever the mouse moves over it.
Does anyone have any suggestion   as to how to get this method to work, or
another method to allow for a larger, more elaborate colored cursor?   Thanks.
Steve Goldberg