[ANN] #011 How-To stack: Managing user waiting

Éric Chatonet eric.chatonet at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 20 09:28:35 EST 2005

Hi Alejandro,

Le 20 mars 05, à 14:38, Alejandro Tejada a écrit :

> Hi Eric,
>
> You are creating a great series of small "How-To" for this development
> platform.!!!
> This is a great service for beginners and a nice organized reference
> for experienced
> developers. A welcome addition would be to include references to
> similar works made
> by other developers. In this way, readers can keep looking for more
> examples and
> code in the topics of their interest.

Thanks for your kind feedback :-)
As for adding references to works by others developers, it sounds good
but I don't know "how to" and I should feel awful about forgiving
important ones: there are great contributions in this list, in MC list,
stacks and tips on RevOnLine, Revnet, on the web sites of most of the
great contributors to this list and so on.
May be someone knowing most sources available better than me would be
kind enough to post such a "sources" guide (could be a stack with
arranged links).
It should be very appreciated by beginners and all of us :-)

> By the way, i noticed that you mentioned that animated gif could not
> be resized.
> Here is one way to do it:
> From:
> http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/metacard/2003-February/004158.html

You are perfectly right and thanks for this tip.
In my mind I just wanted to warn beginners that they could not resize
an animated gif directly as they can do it with a single frame image.
Nice spring sunday in Paris,
Best regards,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software