Unix engines

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Sun Mar 20 07:23:07 EST 2005

Hi Everyone,

There have been some questions about when we update the Unix engines.  Most
of our Unix users tend to upgrade more slowly, running server systems or
other mission-critical installations.  Its quite common for there to be a
multi-year gap for these users in deciding to upgrade.  The OS upgrades on
these systems are also slower and Revolution tends to become out of date
less quickly.  A handful of you do need to upgrade more frequently, but the
numbers that do this are truly small.  As such we do have to prioritize
carefully the amount of time we spend on this activity.

We will next update the Unix engines in July this year.  In the mean time,
the existing Unix engines are available from support, and you should
continue to use those.

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please
contact support at runrev.com directly.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools